Sunday, March 29, 2009

Start the basic idea

I was quiet surprise today, because Fan Li told me that we had presentation about our movie ideas, and I even don’t have any ideas. Oh my god this is disaster for me, but luckily my members of the group showed me what they did and I proof edited the idea.
Basically the idea is like this:
Title: Swear or not swear
Themes: Raise awareness about careful in making swearing, especially in .
Educate people from bad lifestyle and habits.
Genre: Documentary
Duration: 5- 7 minutes
Target audience: Young people in Insearch UTS from 18 to 25 years old.
Platform: DVD
Content:
So it will be come up with 3 different short stories, first scene it will be an old lady sits down on the desk in the nice park. At this time, a group of young people come and they make noise and swear. This old lady feels be disturbed so she becomes angry. And then, when we finish this scene, we take an extreme focus shoot on her face, she says:”stop swearing!”
The black screen turns up, our white poster with slogan of campaign in 5 seconds.
The second scene will be in class. The teacher gives the lesson, and everyone is very quiet, but suddenly, some students make some noise. And they swear. This is make teacher and other students surprise and feel angry. Close up the teacher and the classmate say:”stop swearing”.
The black screen turns up, our white poster with slogan of campaign in 5 seconds.
The last scene happens in a family dinner time. Parents and two children sit around table. Mum prepares some delicious dishes. The environment is so good and warm. But suddenly children argue together and start swears. The whole environment change weird. Focus on parents face, they say:”stop swearing!”.
The black screen turns up, our white poster with slogan of campaign in 5 seconds, or some explanation the bad effect or the fact about bad languages.
Lastly, it will be shows close up picture of man looking through somewhere else. At the same time it will be come up the voice of man says some fact about Swearing, and after that on the right side it will be come up the words of “ Rude Words are Offended “ and in the bottom it will be “ Stop Swearing “

When we represented our presentation, I prepared some example of Stop Swearing campaign, it is not that bad, but it was little bit messy example, check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmfb3f_WeEY
Even for me this wasn’t without any preparation, but this is a good opportunity from our teacher to know what other students are thinks about our idea, also they will give us some comment and suggestion. When we finished our presentation, Toula gave us comment that our idea may be needed to be clearer, so we need to still work on it, and I really agreed with that. On the other hand Alex gave us very good idea, he said “ How about you guys made a very simple one, like there is a big voice of mail said no swear in the public places, no swear in the church, and it will end up with Stop Swearing!!!” Yeah thank you Alex, that is good idea.
During break time I still trying to find some other good example for our campaign, I watched Speeding campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_21aWXYdVQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYA2c5iyzs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hWxU_ICoHM
I like this example, through this; I understood that campaign needed to be show short, attractive and clear message to their audience. I even questioning myself, what is the style to make public awareness campaign? I couldn’t answer it. So because of this I will try to make simple for my movie, and to be honest I don’t really feel I like the idea of our movie now on, I want to change it.
Finish the break time, we watched movie “ .....................”, it was bit confusing for me, because it’s like they mixed up the stories like present day and back again to past time, also I felt bit dizzy when he crashed the dog and his shirts got a lot of blood, ewww. The good thing about this movie is, I feel I was in the same situation with him and get involved with his world, and I could hear my heart beat same like what he did in the high way, interesting movie.

by: Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment